The Next Festival of Emerging Artists
A two-week immersive experience for the modern string player, composer, and choreographer, The Next Festival of Emerging Artists provides a comprehensive approach to entrepreneurial career-building, contemporary music performance, and intensive, personalized artistic development. Over the past six years, the Next Festival has included some of the most prominent figures in new music today: guest artists including Tony Arnold, Matt Haimovitz, Jennifer Koh, Nadia Sirota, Richard Thompson, Jeffrey Zeigler, and the string quartet ETHEL; and composers including Derek Bermel, Lisa Bielawa, Liisa Hirsch, Pierre Jalbert, Aaron Jay Kernis, Phil Kline, Jessica Meyer, and Aleksandra Vrebalov; as well as choreographer Christopher D’Amboise.
The Next Festival 2019 features as its guest artist the violinist Miranda Cuckson, one of contemporary music’s stars, and its events include a chamber music house concert in Massachusetts (May 31 at the Egremont Village Inn), and string orchestra concerts in Connecticut (Music Mountain, June 1), and New York City (National Sawdust, June 2).
- The Next Festival of Emerging Artists Launches Next Fest Connects, “A Support System for Artists in Difficult Times” – Press release
- Read the review of the June 2, 2019, performance in The Strad
- Hear interviews with Next Festival founder Peter Askim on Robin Hood Radio, WSHU, and WAMC
- The Next Festival of Emerging Artists 2019 – Press release
- The Next Festival of Emerging Artists Chamber Music Concert at Egremont Village Inn in Great Barrington on May 31, 2019 – Press release
- The Next Festival of Emerging Artists at Music Mountain, Falls Village, CT, on June 1, 2019 – Press release