Bridgehampton Chamber Music
“This impressive festival balances the tried and true with the adventurous and mixes established performers with rising talent.” -The New York Times
In the 31 years since its founding, Bridgehampton Chamber Music has become known for presenting a broad range of music performed by some of the best musicians in the country in one of the most beautiful seaside settings the East Coast has to offer. The longest-running classical music festival on Long Island, led by founder and Artistic Director Marya Martin, currently presents a dozen events over four weeks in the intimate setting of the Bridgehampton Presbyterian Church, as well as other special event venues including the Bridgehampton Historical Society for its outdoor kickoff event, the Channing Sculpture Garden, and, new last year, the Parrish Art Museum.
In 2012, Bridgehampton Chamber Music launched its own record label, BCMF Records. Signifying the festival’s commitment to American composers, the label’s first recording was BCMF Premieres, a disc of contemporary American music. The label’s current discography of 12 releases includes music by Bruce Adolphe, Robert Beaser, Leon Kirchner, Howard Shore, Paul Moravec, Kevin Puts, and Elizabeth Brown, as well as Haydn, Beethoven, Brahms, and more.
Convinced that there were music lovers looking for more opportunities to hear excellent chamber music year-round, BCM in 2015 introduced its Spring series, which currently presents concerts in March, April, and May.
- Bridgehampton Chamber Music Festival 2023 – 40th Season, July 16 – August 13 – Press release
- Read about BCM Spring 2023 in The East Hampton Star, Southampton Press, and James Lane Post
- Bridgehampton Chamber Music’s BCM Spring 2023 Three-Concert Series – Press release
- Read about BCM Autumn 2022 in Southampton Press, The East Hampton Star, and Cottages & Gardens
- BCM Autumn, Bridgehampton Chamber Music’s Fall Series, Expands to Three Events in 2022 – Press release
- “From Bach to Bluegrass with Bridgehampton Chamber Music Festival” – Southampton Press, August 16, 2022
- Read coverage of Bridgehampton Chamber Music Festival 2022 in Southampton Press, The East Hampton Star, Dan’s Papers, NYC-ARTS, and WSHU
- Bridgehampton Chamber Music Festival 2022: Eleven Concerts July 24 – August 21 – Press release
- Read about BCM Spring 2022 in Southampton Press, East Hampton Star, James Lane Post, Sag Harbor Express
- Bridgehampton Chamber Music’s BCM Spring 2022 Concerts: March 26, April 23, May 14 – Press release
- “Podcast: Dan Rattiner Talks with Marya Martin, Bridgehampton Chamber Music Festival Founder” – Dan’s Papers, November 9, 2021
- Read about BCM Autumn 2021 in East Hampton Star, Southampton Press, James Lane Post
- Bridgehampton Chamber Music Announces BCM Autumn, a New Fall Series of Two Concerts Nov. 6 & 13, 2021 – Press release
- “Alan Alda Returns to Bridgehampton Chamber Music Festival with a Tale of Bach” – Southampton Press, July 27, 2021
- “Bridgehampton Chamber Music Festival Returns with Alan Alda” – Newsday, July 23, 2021
- “Back to Bach as Festival Returns” – The East Hampton Star, July 22, 2021
- Bridgehampton Chamber Music Festival 2021: Live and In-Person, Aug. 4-22 – Press release
Click here for past news about the Bridgehampton Chamber Music Festival
BCMF photos by Da Ping Luo