Kent Tritle, Conductor
“New York’s leading choral conductor” –The New Yorker
Kent Tritle is one of America’s leading choral conductors. Called “the brightest star in New York’s choral music world” by The New York Times, he is in his fourth season as Director of Cathedral Music and Organist at the Cathedral of St. John the Divine in New York City; his eighth season as Music Director of Musica Sacra, the longest continuously performing professional chorus in New York; and his tenth season as Music Director of the Oratorio Society of New York, the acclaimed 200-voice volunteer chorus.
In addition, Kent is Director of Choral Activities and Chair of the Organ Department at the Manhattan School of Music and is a member of the graduate faculty of The Juilliard School. Also an acclaimed organ virtuoso, Kent Tritle is the organist of the New York Philharmonic and the American Symphony Orchestra.
- Kent Tritle Is a Chorus America 2020 Award Recipient – Press release
- Kent makes gifts of Bach on Facebook, March 2020 – See on Facebook page
- Kent Tritle’s Spring 2020 Season – Press release
- “Guest conductor Kent Tritle led performances of Handel’s great oratorio [Messiah] ….To say it was revelatory is almost an understatement. …this was a deeply thoughtful, spiritual and ultimately joyous reading through each of the oratorio’s three parts. … Tritle’s exuberant leadership was energized from beginning to the big, final ‘Amen’ chorus.”
~Janelle Gelfand, Cincinnati Business Courier, December 9, 2019 – Read the review here
- Kent Tritle explains “What Conductors Are Really Doing” in Episode 6 of WIRED “Masterminds” – Watch here
- Kent Tritle’s 2019-20 Season, Stars in WIRED “Masterminds” on Conducting – Press release
- Kent Tritle’s Spring 2019: From Kullervo to Byrd’s Mass for Five Voices – Press release
- Kent Tritle’s 2018-19 Season: Sibelius’s Kullervo, Szymanowski’s Stabat Mater, and More – Press release
Click here for past news about Kent Tritle
More photos available at http://www.kenttritle.com/site/photo-gallery/#photos
Photos by Jennifer Taylor