Ellen Taaffe Zwilich Past News
- Ellen Taaffe Zwilich is inducted into the American Classical Music Hall of Fame – ACMHF press release
- Claudia Schreier & Company premiered a new work, “Wordplay,” a pas de deux set to the first movement of Ellen’s Quintet for Violin, Viola, Cello, Contrabass & Piano (2011), at an engagement at the Joyce Theater’s 2017 Ballet Festival. The New York Times, praising the work’s “playful, on-the-nose musicality,” said, “‘Wordplay’ was performed by Unity Phelan and Jared Angle of City Ballet, and it closely resembled something you might see them dance with their home company: a sleek duet to a spiky, rhythmic modernist score (a quintet by Ellen Taaffe Zwilich).” Watch a video of the seven-minute “Wordplay.”
- Ellen Taaffe Zwilich is Chair of the BMI Student Composer Awards: “5 Female Composers Among 9 Winners in 2017,” NewMusicBox Reports – May 16, 2017
- The Tallahassee Democrat reports on the world premiere of Ballet 2017: Celestial Dance for the Tallahassee Youth Orchestra and Tallahassee Ballet – April 28, 2017, and May 4, 2017.
- Acclaim for Pas de Trois in The Washington Post, Palm Beach Daily News, Palm Beach Arts Paper, South Florida Classical Review
- “A Jazzy, Joyful Premiere” for Zwilich’s Pas de Trois from the Kalichstein-Laredo-Robinson Trio – Janelle Gelfand’s janellesnotes, September 20, 2016
- Ellen Taaffe Zwilich Works In Performance Around the Globe – Press release
- “Imagining the Sound: Ellen Taaffe Zwilich” – Interview in Ireland’s Final Note Magazine, July 6, 2015
- “Kane and Sleeper provide outstanding advocacy in Zwilich world premiere” – South Florida Classical Review, April 19, 2015
- Ellen Taaffe Zwilich is interviewed in Robert Raines’s Composition in the Digital World – Conversations with 21st Century American Composers, just published by Oxford University Press.
- LA Opus interview: Composer Ellen Taaffe Zwilich Has Found Her Bliss, February 23, 2015
- Ellen Taaffe Zwilich’s Symphony No. 1 is No. 1 on Frank J. Oteri’s list of the top American symphonies on NewMusicBox, February 4, 2015.
- Sounds Heard–On Shattering, Burning, and Diverting with Passion – NewMusicBox recording review, July 29, 2014
- Visit Ellen Taaffe Zwilich’s pages on the Theodore Presser Company site for lists of works and awards, recordings, and reviews.
- Zwilich’s “Elegy, Soliloquy, and Epilogue” for Solo Flute & String Orchestra To Receive Its World Premiere Performance by Soloist Trudy Kane and the Frost Symphony Orchestra Conducted by Thomas Sleeper – Saturday, April 18, 2015, at Gusman Concert Hall, University of Miami – Press release
- Watch the 16 semi-finalists of the 2014 International Violin Competition of Indianapolis perform Zwilich’s Fantasy for Solo Violin in their recital programs.
- Ellen Taaffe Zwilich at 75, Season Highlights – Press release
Copyright © Jennifer Wada Communications Co.